How to Create PDF-417 Barcode for MS Word
How to Generate 2D PDF-417 Barcode in MS Word Document 2007 and 2010
- Easy to install & use PDF-417 Barcode Addin for Word in MS Word 2007/2010
- Generate high-quality PDF-417 barcode according to ISO+IEC+15438-2006
- Support creating PDF-417, Truncated PDF-417 and Macro PDF-417 barcodes in MS Word
- Able to create Word serial letters with various PDF-417 barcodes
- No need for barcode programming knowledge and barcode fonts
- User-defined 2D PDF-417 barcode generating plugin for Microsoft Word
PDF-417 Barcode Overview
PDF-417 (also known as Portable Data File 417, PDF 417 and PDF417 Truncated) was created by Symbol Technologies Co. and currently maintained by AIM USA. It is a staked linear symbology generally used in applications like transport, identification cards and inventory management.
Download PDF-417 Barcode Addin for Word
- End user license agreement, installation tutorial and order page
Users are allowed to use this PDF-417 Word Barcode Addin Trial permanently. However, this trial version can not be used for commercial applications as a "KA Barcode" watermark may exist on created PDF-417 barcode image.
How to Install PDF-417 Barcode Addin for Word
- All Word documents should be closed before installation.
- Download "KA.Barcode for Word Trial" and unzip it.
- Run "KeepAutomationWord2007Addin.exe"/"KeepAutomationWord2010Addin.exe".
- Open a new Word document on your computer.
- Now you can see a tab called "Add-Ins" in the menu bar of the Word document.
How to Create A PDF-417 Barcode in Word
If you want to generate professional PDF-417 barcode image in Microsoft Word, please refer to the following steps.
- Go to "Add-Ins" and click "Insert Barcode" to activate a barcode setting panel.
- Choose "PDF417" in "SYMBOLOGY" pull-down menu.
- In the text box of "VALID DATA", type valid PDF-417 barcode data.
- If necessary, change the default values of barcode properties in the barcode setting panel.
- Click "Insert" and you can see a required PDF-417 barcode is generated on the document
- Users can also adjust the parameters of the created PDF-417 barcodes and click "Update".
How to Insert PDF-417 Barcodes in Serial Letters
We provided specific guide below for inserting PDF-417 barcodes in serial letters.
- Start with a new Word document and click "Add-Ins" -> "Insert Barcode".
- A barcode setting panel shows up on the right.
- Switch to "Mailings" tab and click "Select Recipients".
- Click "Use Existing List" or "Type New List" or "Select from Outlook Contacts".
- Insert a PDF-417 barcode in the Word document.
- Now click "Finish & Merge" button to edit, print or email the documents.
How to Generate PDF-417 Barcode Labels in Word
Generating PDF-417 barcode labels in Microsoft Word documentation is simple based on the following steps.
- Activate the barcode setting panel in a new Word document first.
- Click "Mailings" -> "Start Mail Merge" -> "Labels".
- Choose the label size in the pull-down menu and click "Select Recipients".
- Click "Type New List" or "Use Existing List" or "Select from Outlook Contacts".
- Inert a PDF-417 barcode in the first cell of the document.
- Click "Update Labels" and the rest part of the document will be full of the same barcodes.
- Now click "Finish & Merge" button to choose other services.