Code 39 generator for Crystal Reports
for Winforms is a flexible and reliable .NET barcode generating component to create Code 39 barcode in Crystal Reports. It is compatible with Visual Studio and supports C#, VB.NET, Managed C++ and Borland Delphi for .NET
This document explains how to use KeepAutomation.com barcode component and its VB.NET Barcode class with Crystal Reports for Winforms to insert barcodes into an automatically generated report based on a database SQL query.
KeepAutomation.com provides other Code 39 barcode generation component, like Code 39 in Winforms, Code 39 in ASP.NET, Code 39 in C#, Code 39 in VB.NET, Code 39 for Word, Code 39 for Excel and Code 39 Barcode Font, etc.
You may get more details of generating Code 39 for Crystal Report on different platforms:
Code 39 Information
Code 39 Valid Character Set
- 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uppercase letter: A-Z
- - (Dash), $ (Dollar), : (Colon), / (Slash), . (Point), + (Plus)
More Information on Code 39 Data Encoding
Code 39Ex Valid Character Set
More Information on Code 39Ex Data Encoding
Code 39 Generation in Crystal Reports Using VB.NET
- You will find "BarcodeDemoData.mdb", "CustomerDataSet.xsd", "guide", "KeepAutomation.Barcode.Windows.dll"in the folder
- BarcodeDemoData.mdb: a table "Customer" with 3 column inside: "ID", "CustomerId", "CustomerName"
- CustomerDataSet.xsd: defines columns in Customer table and an extra column called "Barcode"
- Guide: a developer guide for generating barcodes in Crystal Reports for .NET Winforms
- KeepAutomation.Barcode.Windows.dll: a Winforms dll for creating barcodes in Crystal Reports for .NET Winforms
2. Run Microsoft Visual Studio, Create new Crystal Reports Application project template named as "CrystalReportsBarcode"
3. In "Crystal Reports Gallery window"form, select "Using the Report Wizard" and "Standard"Expert type
4. Choose "ADO.NET ( XML)" in "Create New Connection" when the Wizard ask to choose the data source for the report
5. Then select the "CustomerDataSet.xsd" in your downloaded sample dataset package
6. Add table "Customer" in "Data"form
7. In "Fields" form, add all three columns in the table "Customer"
8. In CrystalReport1.rpt, open "Field Explorer" and add table "Barcode" in "Database Field"onto Section 3 (Details)
9. In your .NET project solution explorer, add "KeepAutomation.Barcode.Windows.dll" to your project reference.
Generating Code 39 in Crystal Reports for Winforms Using VB.NET
Select Form1 and switch to Design mode for the form. Write down your VB.NET code crystalReportViewer1_Load. Then run the report, Code 39 barcodes occurs on the report. Here is a VB.NET sample code: