Code 128 generator for Crystal Reports
for Winforms is a robust .NET Winforms barcode generating class library to easily generate and create 2D barcode symbology in Crystal Reports. It supports Code 128 barcode specification and can be easily integrated into C#, VB.NET, Managed C++ and Borland Delphi for .NET.
This guide uses VB.NET class to generate Code 128 barcodes in Crystal Reports using .NET Winforms barcode generator with Crystal Reports Designer. KeepAutomation.com provides other Code 128 barcode generation component, like Code 128 in Winforms, Code 128 in ASP.NET, Code 128 in C#, Code 128 in VB.NET, Code 128 for Word, Code 128 for Excel and Code 128 Barcode Font, etc.
You may get more details of generating Code 128 for Crystal Report on different platforms:
Code 128 Information
Valid Character Set
- ASCII valid value: 0-127
- ASCII valid value: 128-255
More Information on Code 128 Data Encoding
Code 128 Generation in Crystal Reports Using VB.NET
- You will find "BarcodeDemoData.mdb", "CustomerDataSet.xsd", "guide", "KeepAutomation.Barcode.Windows.dll"in the folder
- BarcodeDemoData.mdb: a table "Customer" with 3 column inside: "ID", "CustomerId", "CustomerName"
- CustomerDataSet.xsd: defines columns in Customer table and an extra column called "Barcode"
- Guide: a developer guide for generating barcodes in Crystal Reports for .NET Winforms
- KeepAutomation.Barcode.Windows.dll: a Winforms dll for creating barcodes in Crystal Reports for .NET Winforms
2. Run Microsoft Visual Studio, Create new Crystal Reports Application project template named as "CrystalReportsBarcode"
3. In "Crystal Reports Gallery window"form, select "Using the Report Wizard" and "Standard"Expert type
4. Choose "ADO.NET ( XML)" in "Create New Connection" when the Wizard ask to choose the data source for the report
5. Then select the "CustomerDataSet.xsd" in your downloaded sample dataset package
6. Add table "Customer" in "Data"form
7. In "Fields" form, add all three columns in the table "Customer"
8. In CrystalReport1.rpt, open "Field Explorer" and add table "Barcode" in "Database Field"onto Section 3 (Details)
9. In your .NET project solution explorer, add "KeepAutomation.Barcode.Windows.dll" to your project reference.
Generating Code 128 in Crystal Reports for Winforms Using VB.NET
Select Form1 and switch to Design mode for the form. Write down your VB.NET code crystalReportViewer1_Load. Then run the report, Code 128 barcodes occurs on the report. Here is a VB.NET sample code: