Codabar generator for Crystal Reports
for Winforms is a barcode generating component designed for generating, printing Codabar barcodes in Crystal Reports for Winforms using .NET Winforms barcode generator.
This document explains how to use KeepAutomation.com barcode component and its VB.NET Barcode class with Crystal Reports for Winforms to insert barcodes into an automatically generated report based on a database SQL query.
KeepAutomation.com provides other Codabar barcode generation component, like Codabar in Winforms, Codabar in ASP.NET, Codabar in C#, Codabar in VB.NET, Codabar for Word, Codabar for Excel and Codabar Barcode Font, etc.
You may get more details of generating Codabar for Crystal Report on different platforms:
Valid Character Set
- 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
More Information on Codabar Data Encoding
Codabar Generation in Crystal Reports Using VB.NET
- You will find "BarcodeDemoData.mdb", "CustomerDataSet.xsd", "guide", "KeepAutomation.Barcode.Windows.dll"in the folder
- BarcodeDemoData.mdb: a table "Customer" with 3 column inside: "ID", "CustomerId", "CustomerName"
- CustomerDataSet.xsd: defines columns in Customer table and an extra column called "Barcode"
- Guide: a developer guide for generating barcodes in Crystal Reports for .NET Winforms
- KeepAutomation.Barcode.Windows.dll: a Winforms dll for creating barcodes in Crystal Reports for .NET Winforms
2. Run Microsoft Visual Studio, Create new Crystal Reports Application project template named as "CrystalReportsBarcode"
3. In "Crystal Reports Gallery window"form, select "Using the Report Wizard" and "Standard"Expert type
4. Choose "ADO.NET ( XML)" in "Create New Connection" when the Wizard ask to choose the data source for the report
5. Then select the "CustomerDataSet.xsd" in your downloaded sample dataset package.
6. Add table "Customer" in "Data"form
7. In "Fields" form, add all three columns in the table "Customer".
8. In CrystalReport1.rpt, open "Field Explorer" and add table "Barcode" in "Database Field"onto Section 3 (Details)
9. In your .NET project solution explorer, add "KeepAutomation.Barcode.Windows.dll" to your project reference.
Generating Codabar in Crystal Reports for Winforms Using VB.NET
Select Form1 and switch to Design mode for the form. Write down your VB.NET code crystalReportViewer1_Load. Then run the report, Codabar barcodes occurs on the report. Here is a VB.NET sample code: