- This Excel Barcode Add-In for EAN-8 is compatible with Microsoft Excel 2007 and 2010
- EAN-8 barcodes are predefined in accordance with EAN-8 GS1 specification in this plugin
- Generated EAN-8 images can be printed on all printers and no barcode fonts are needed
- Generate, create and insert EAN-8 barcodes in Excel spreadsheets with just a few clicks
- Be able to convert a whole column or row of data into EAN-8 barcodes in an instant
- Allow users to adjust the parameters of the created EAN-8 barcodes, like barcode size, rotation, font, etc
- This advanced plugin for Excel adds the quiet zones and check digit automatically
- Users with no programming skills can use this Excel Barcode Add-In for EAN-8 easily
- It is royalty free with the purchase of this professional EAN-8 plugin for Excel
EAN-8 ("EAN" stands for "European Article Number") is a self-checking linear barcode that provides short barcodes for small packages. The data length of an EAN-8 barcode is always shorter than that of an EAN-13 barcode. Specifically, EAN-8 barcode has fixed data string length of 8 digits including the check digit.
EAN-8 Encodable Character Set:
- Numeric digits from 0 to 9: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
EAN-8 Generation in Excel
How to Install KA.Barcode for Excel
Close all the Excel documents on your computer
Download "KA.Barcode for Excel Trial" and unzip it
Double click "KA.Barcode for Excel 2007 Add-In" / "KA.Barcode for Excel 2007 Add-In"
Open a new Excel document on your computer
Now you can see "Add-Ins" in the Excel menu bar
How to Generate an EAN-8 Barcode in Excel
Start a new Excel document and switch to "Add-Ins" tab in the Excel menu bar
Click "Insert Barcode" under the menu bar and a barcode setting panel pops up on the right
Select "EAN8" in the barcode setting panel and input valid data in the text box of "VALID DATA"
(Optional) Revise the parameters of the barcode in the barcode setting panel
Click "Insert" and a required EAN-8 barcode is created successfully
How to Insert an EAN-8 Barcode List in Excel
Click "Add-Ins" tab in an Excel document
Activate "Insert Barcode". After that, a barcode setting panel will appear on the right
Input valid data in a list of cells and select them all
Choose barcode type "EAN8" in the "SYMBOLOGY" pull-down menu and click "Insert"
Now all the cells in the list are converted into a list of EAN-8 barcode images
The C#, VB.NET barcoding syntax below to string QR Code images into ASP.NET projects: C# Sample Code; VB.NET Sample Code. using...
How to Create an EAN-8 Supplement 2 Barcode
Activate "Add-Ins" tab in an Excel document
Click "Insert Barcode" and a barcode setting panel appears
Select "EAN8 Sup2" in "SYMBOLOGY" pull-down menu
Type valid data excluding supplement data in "Data"
Input supplement data in "Supplement Data" under "Special Properties"
Click "Insert" button in the barcode setting panel
Now an EAN-8 Supplement 2 barcode is successfully generated
The course of an EAN-8 Supplement 5 barcode generation is the same as the EAN-8 Supplement 2 barcode generation.
How to Link an EAN-8 Barcode to Cell Contents
Draw an EAN-8 barcode and click "Link Barcode to Cell" in the barcode setting panel
Select a cell with data and click "Update Barcode" (To undo it, click "Cancel")
Now the EAN-8 barcode image is successfully linked to the data in the cell
Several barcodes which are linked to cells can be updated at one time
Make sure all the barcodes are linked to different cells first
Adjust the contents in those cells and select any one of these barcodes
Click "Update" and all the barcodes are updated on the document
EAN-8 Featured Settings in Excel
In the generation of EAN-8 Supplement 2 or EAN-8 Supplement 5 barcodes, users can adjust supplement bar height and supplement bar space easily. Just go to "Special Properties", input the data value you want into "Supplement Bar Height" or "Supplement Bar Space" when you create barcodes.