Windows Mobile Barcode DLL Guide
- Integrate dynamic barcode generation features into Windows Mobile, PocketPC and Windows CE.NET Applications.
- The Barcode PocketPC DLLs can be used in Microsoft Compact Framework
- Compatible with generating barcodes in Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8
- Popular barcode symbologies support including Code 39, Code 128, GS1 barcode, EAN/UPC, Interleaved 2 of 5, USPS OneCode, QR Code, PDF417, Data Matrix and more
- Generates graphic bitmap barcode images in memory without the use of barcode fonts
- Use this Windows Mobile barcode generator as a DLL without being loaded on a form.
Related Mobile Barcode Components and Tutorial Links
The following are links of barcode generator class library and tutorials that add barcode generation functionality to applications running on mobile devices, including Android, Windows Phone, and iOS. These barcode components support most popular barcode symbologies, such as Code 39, Code 128, EAN/UPC, and QR Code etc.
Installing the Barcode PocketPC DLLs
In the below tutorial of installing the Windows Mobile Barcode DLL, we use the linear barcode DLL. To generate two-dimensional barcodes, please use the 2D Barcode DLLs in the Windows Mobile Barcode DLL package. Two barcode components will be used to create a barcode feature application for the .NET Compact Framework (CF), the design time barcode component, KA.design.LinearControl.dll, and the run-time component, KACFLinearBarcode.dll. The following is a guide to use the Compact Framework barcode control:
- Download the Windows Mobile Barcode DLL package and extract all files from it.
- Copy the KA.design.LinearControl.dll and KACFLinearBarcode.dll to the project directory and does not paste the barcode DLL files to the bin directory, they will be automatically placed there when deployed.
- Open the smart device application project in Visual Studio.NET. If a current project does not exist, please create one or open the barcode image generator sample project included in the extracted files.
- Open the Toolbox and find the Device Controls in the Toolbox. Right click the Toolbox and choose Add/Remove Items. Choose the KA.design.LinearControl.dll.
- Click the Browse button and choose the KA.design.LinearControl.dll, click Open, then click "OK" on the Customize Toolbox dialog. The control should appear in the Toolbox, do not place the control on the form yet.
- The Compact Framework Control should appear in the Toolbox.
- Before dragging the barcode control on a form, a reference must be set to the run-time version of the barcode control to copy it to the target device or emulator. Right click References in Solution Explorer. Click Add Reference to set reference for the runtime version of the barcode control.
- On the Add Reference dialog click Browse, select the runtime version of the control KACFLinearBarcode.dll and click Open. Click OK on the Add Reference dialog.
- The barcode generator control should now appear to the Compact Framework Application.
How To Start