Barcode SDK for Android Integration Guide
- Create Android barcode generator application using the barcode SDK for Java
- Implement several format linear and 2D barcode image processing library in Java
- Compatible with Android 1.5 and higher versions with the Android barcode SDK
- Various barcode components are provided to achieve barcode generation on Android smart phone
- Android barcode source code is available for the purchase of the developer license
- Royalty free for redistributing the Android barcode API within other Android applications
Overview Barcode Generator Class Library for Android
The Android barcode generator is a barcode image processing library that can be easily implemented in Java and generate barcodes in image formats. No barcode fonts and encoders are required. However, KeepAutomation provides several Android barcode integration solutions, including the barcode font and encoder for Android. Full barcoding functionality of each barcode type is implemented in a single and small barcode file that can be easily distributed within other Android applications.
Related Mobile Barcode Components and Tutorial Links
The following are links of barcode generator class library and tutorials that add barcode generation functionality to applications running on mobile devices, including Android, Windows Phone, and iOS. These barcode components support most popular barcode symbologies, such as Code 39, Code 128, EAN/UPC, and QR Code etc.
Installing the Barcode Class Library on Android Projects
- Download the Barcode SDK for Android package and extract all files from it
- Android SDK 1.5 or later version must be installed on Eclipse
- Add the KeepAutomation.BarCode.Android.jar to your Android project classpath.
Methods for Creating Custom Barcode Generator for Android
- Symbology: this property is used for create a specific barcode type. If users are not sure which barcode type is to be used, refer to the barcode knowledge
- CodeToEncode: the data that will be converted to barcodes. Each barcode type has different valid data set and start/stop characters may needed for barcodes which do not require a check digit, like Code 39, Codabar
- ChecksumEnabled: this property is used to enable or disable the automatic check digit calculation for barcode which require a checksum
- X: this is the barcode X dimension property. It determines the narrow bar module width.
- Y: This property determines the height of bars.
- Orientation: Rotate the barcode generated to different angles, including 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees
- BarCodeWidth: this property is used to set the width of the barcode control that will occupy in the project.
- BarCodeHeight: this property is used to set the height of the barcode control that will occupy in the project.
- DisplayText: if this property is set to true, the encoded data characters can be displayed on the barcode symbol generated for human readable.
- Tilde functions: encode returns, tabs and other functions such as GS and RS functions, which are necessary in UPS, and FedEx transportation applications, between fields in a single barcode symbol like Code 128, PDF417 and Data Matrix.
How To Start